Babywearing is the practice of wearing/carrying a baby/toddler in a sling or in another form of carrier. Babywearing helps promote bonding, supports breastfeeding, and can help combat postpartum depression. Babies who are carried are happier, sleep better, and feel more safe/secure.
A study published by American Academy of Pediatrics found that babywearing reduces crying and fussiness by up to 43% overall and 51% less during the evening hours.
Here is another great article on the benefits of babywearing by Dr. Sears, a renowned pediatrician.
Babywearing Consultation Fee: $40/Hour*
- Visit in your home or location of your choice (a low cost travel fee may incur if outside of professional's range of distance)
- opportunity to view, try on, and discuss different styles of carriers
- brief history of babywearing and how cultures implemented it
- instruction on carrier usage and basic safety
- help deciding on and purchasing a carrier
- connection to local babywearing community
Appointments can be made while still pregnant to help establish babywearing plan and receive support and information prior to birth.
Appointments are typically 1 to 2 hours in length.
*This service qualifies for The Roots Program pricing. Click here to find out more about this program.