Bengkung Belly Binding
Bengkung Belly Binding is considered to be an ancient art and a Malaysian tradition used in many cultures all over the world. It is quickly becoming more popular in the US. It is a practice of tying a long strip of cloth around the abdomen during the postpartum recovery period to ensure a strong support after childbirth.
Support from a Bengkung Belly bind helps:
- Pull in the separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti) so they can heal properly.
- Reduce back and shoulder pain associated with nursing by improving posture
- Helps reduce lower back and hip pain
- Give added support after cesarean
It feels so good!
It is suggested to wear the wrap 8-10 hours a day for about 6 weeks.
Bengkung Belly Binding Fee: $125*
- Application of a postpartum healing herbal salve
- Belly Bind Application
- Belly Binding instruction to teach you how to bind yourself daily at home
- Includes your own Bengkung Belly Bind
*This service qualifies for The Roots Program pricing. Click here to find out more about this program.